Divorce Mediation TampaFlorida Divorce is a traumatic time for all parties involved, and mediation is one of the ways to deal with a divorce. You don’t have to be involved in a long-drawn affair which is going to sap all your energies. Divorce mediation services are aplenty in Tampa Florida region and it is quite easy to approach one.
You could opt for mediation services before you retain an attorney or file any documents and this helps you save on time and money. The procedure is called a pre-suit (before filing a lawsuit), or pro-se (sans lawyers) mediation. If you go to an attorney, he or she can still refer you to a mediation service. If you go to court and do your paperwork entirely by yourself, the court will also allocate a mediation service to help you resolve issues.
Divorce mediation is neutral and helps the couple communicate and prepare an agenda for a post-divorce life. Mediation procedure will lead up to a comprehensive marital settlement agreement or MSA, which will be the couple’s guiding force post-divorce. The MSA will be presented to the court during the final judgment session that dissolves your marriage.
The topics that are discussed and included in the MSA are as follows:
- Parenting: A plan will be chalked up along with your about to be ex-partner and you will outline responsibilities and time-sharing aspects. Time-sharing schedule is not a one-size-fits-all plan and is drawn up based on the circumstances of a particular family.
- Relocation: Mediation services help couples handle relocation issues in a smart manner so that legal showdowns are avoided. Relocation is one of the most important issues to resolve where children are involved.
- Equitable distribution: A mediator helps the couple resolve what equitable distribution means, and how much has been owned by the couple since marriage and before. Equitable distribution is a fair realignment of marital debts and liabilities, and may not always be equal.
- Alimony: A contentious issue that can be thrashed out with the help of a mediator is alimony. There are different forms, including temporary, permanent but periodic, lump sum, among others.
- Child support: A mediation service will help you understand and seek a reasonable child support. Arriving at a certain figure is a professional’s job and the mediation service will help both parties arrive at a conclusion on what the child support should be, based on a formula outlined in the Florida Statutes.
You will most probably see success with a mediation service for a divorce if:
- You don’t blame the spouse for separation and your decision to opt for a divorce is a mutual one.
- You understand the financial implications and want to negotiate a fair financial settlement.
- Your spouse has not kept you in the dark over important issues such as finances or property.
- You have not faced issues of physical or emotional abuse in the relationship.
- Your partner does not have any alcohol or drug related problems.
- Your spouse is a good parent and you have no problems acknowledging that.
If you have any questions about divorce mediation Tampa Florida or would like to speak to us about your options, please contact us at (813) 518-7411. We represent clients during stressful and difficult times in their lives. We are empathetic, responsive, and push for a quick resolution. We look forward to helping you resolve your issue quickly, fairly, and in a way that will help you to return to the stable, predictable life that you deserve.